Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wild Horse Redemption, Watch it!

I was giving a riding lesson the other day and I heard a couple of the boarders talking about a movie called Wild Horse Redemption. Being the horse nut I am I'm always looking to watch a good flick involving horses. Actually my wife jokes that the only way she can get me to go out to a movie is if it has a horse in it. Luckily for me they had the movie with them and were good enough to lend it to me. Turns out the movie is about the rehabilitation of prisoners through the breaking and training of wild BLM mustangs.
The documentary takes you through the journey of 5 prisoners and their assigned wild mustangs. Without giving too much away I'll tell you a bit. Through natural horsemanship training methods the mustangs are transformed from wild dangerous animals into gentle trusting saddle horses. The transformation of the prisoners is just as spectacular. It is informative and really nice to see how both horse and rider learn from each other and go on to become valued members of society.
Check the links below for more info on the movie and the BLM mustang adoption program
http://www.horselife.ca/
www.pointgreypictures.com/wildhorse/wildhorse.htm
www.wildhorseandburro.blm.gov/
www.mustangs4us.com/prisonhorses.htm